FALCON TURBOS Plug&Play Garrett GTB1749V & GTB1752V 760698 760699 upgrade turbocharger for VW Transporter T5 2.5 TDI BNZ BPC 131 / 174 bhp engines
This van was fitted with a Garrett GTB1749 & GTB1752 turbochargers from the factory, which in our opinion was undersized for this capable engine.
So we developed an upgraded turbocharger larger billet compressor wheel, CNC machined compressor housing and upgraded bearing system to increase the flow of clean air into the engine which not only boosts the torque, power and responsiveness of acceleration, but also burns fuel more efficiently allowing more MPG.
- Lightweight 56/62mm billet compressor wheel.
- Larger high-flow GT18 shaft wheel
- Brand new exhaust housing
- Brand new VAG actuator
- Large-pad stainless steel thrust pad & collar
- 360° bronze thrust bearing
- Step-gap high temperature oil seals
- Balanced on ”TurboTechnics” VSR400 rig, to a higher than standard 180,000 rpm
- Flow tested and set to 15% more exhaust gas flow for lag reduction and smoother boost.
To achieve best results and optimal boost, You would need:
- Bigger, front mount intercooler.
- EGR delete kit
- Stainless steel exhaust
- STAGE 1 or 2 tune
Other essential requirements while fitting Falcon upgrade turbo: